Saturday, October 30, 2010

CREEEEEAAAAAAAAK....

That's the sound of me shaking the rust off this blog. As my last post from 700 years ago stated, we were looking at moving to Switzerland. then we did. 3 months ago!

SO I guess my blog needs a new title. Somehow Budapest Palmers doesn't quite cut it anymore, though we still consider the "Pearl of the East" our adopted hometown (having lived there longer than any other city in my life...).

New titles... Maybe "Swiss Family Palmer"? KInda cheesy, and a little on the nose, but maybe. I'll chew on it...

BUt we are LOVING Switzerland. My job as Managing Director of Sisel International's Europe operations has planted us firmly here, in Central Switzerland, about 35 minutes south of Zurich.

We arrived on August 4th, really deja-vu-ing the same experience from Budapest in 2003. 6 Palmers de-camping at the Zurich airport looking like refugees with 16 pieces of luggage. DIfferences were pretty clear, though--now older, taller kids, more jaded about the international travel experience. And we had a cat with us. One that has now traveled the globe with us. Picked her up as a newborn kitten our first month in Budapest. So she's been killing mice in three countries & two continents now. Now I'm picking up dead Swiss mice off the back porch every morning. Still as cool and as gross as ever. Particularly with the heads missing. Serial killer, this one... A grumpy, middle-aged serial killer...

So here we are--three months in, and fully embarked on this new adventure with a great company, very scenic backdrop, and new adventures piling up every day.

I'll try and do a better job of documenting them...

AP

No comments: