Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Horrifying 80's...

I couldn't help it. Reading all my bro's and sisters' responses to that survey made me a little nostalgic for that awesomest of awesome decades--the 80's. I distinctly remember watching some music videos one afternoon in Payson on Utah Avenue with Janene (prolly Duran Duran or A-Ha) and one of us making the comment that the "our 80's" was so much cooler than the seventies, what with its bell-bottoms and bad hair, etc...

Well, I thought I'd try and find the one video that would put the lie to that statement. There were of course many, many contestants. But I think I have a winner.

And here it is...



Look away. I dare you. Look away....

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

I'm scared! I always wondered what happened to the smurf characters once they left TV! Ah the 80's, full of such wonder! Sad to say I watched the video in it's entirety, expecting to see pegged pants or some alternative/new wave music, but alas no. To make me sleep tonight I'm telling myself that this was actually 1980 and since I was only 4 at the time I am not responsible for promoting this at the time. I feel better now!

Jared

The "A" Palmers said...

It was the rap that spontaneously broke out mid-video that sealed the deal for me. A real car crash.

I'm thinking I am going to post 8 more videos, from each of my 4 decades thus far--one video representing the best of each decade, and another the worst. Just for sh*ts and giggles :-)