Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happenings, Schmappenings....

I've been accused by more than one source of slacking on the blog front since getting news of my impending hire by Intelliserv. Were that it so! Actually I've been pretty busy the last seven days. Monday was spent in two separate doctor's offices doing a battery of tests physical, drug, and otherwise (cough cough) for my employment packet. I also spent half a day in the Intelliserv offices filling out hire paperwork. Never been so happy to put pen to paper.

I've also been spending more time at the Ascent Group home in Mona than my actual home--worked a couple of double shifts (4 PM -8AM) a couple of times. Its nice getting paid to play basketball & Guitar Hero III with recovering drug/alcohol guys. Seriously. I've loved this job this summer, and it is really cool to work for a place that has redeeming social value. Structurally, I am actually taking some good notes on procedures that I'll be implementing in my own house once school starts.

Past few days I've also enjoyed reading all the responses to a family group questionaire that has wound its way through the Palmer/Kieffer/Wawro ranks. Funny stuff! Thanks all!

Speaking of The Funny, I am really rooting for this movie to do well in October--we need a good conservative spoof flick mocking all the idiot "conventional wisdom" that the Left and Michael Moore spout. With Russia pretending it is 1956 and 1968 all over again this past week, refuting the Left is now more relevant than ever. So check this out--I am going to be all over this movie...

No comments: