Friday, August 8, 2008

My New Office...



Ohhhhh yyyeeaaahhh...

I'm stoked about my new profession! I am really looking forward to helping Intelliserv facilitate the removal of oil from our globe's nasty ocean seabeds and placement into the international commodity market. I start on September 2 w/classroom training in Provo followed by on-site rig practice off the coast of CA. Somewhere mixed in there will be what I am REALLY looking forward to-- a week of training in Scotland preparing me to escape from a downed, burning helicopter in the middle of the ocean! And I thought my mock-interrogation training in Germany was fun!

I am a kid in a candy store right now. Its going to be a blast. I get to do everything I want: Work for a RAPIDLY growing company with a superhot proprietary product in a sizzling industry--check. Get out from behind a desk--check. Fly in a helicopter on a regular basis--check. See the world--check. Get copious amounts of time off to spend with my kids--check.

I'll be monitoring and maintaining Intelliserv's proprietary new networked drillpipe system that, in the course of drilling for new oil deposits, can communicate massive amounts of real-time data between the drill-head and surface-- ensuring that whatever company utilizing our services will be able locate and tap oil deposits in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. So suck on that, Al Gore :-) Oil rules.

In all seriousness, I am thrilled with this opportunity. I've been circling this position like a vulture since May, when we returned from Hungary, and it finally happened. After three interviews over the last month, I got the offer this morning :-)

Best of all, I have Agi's blessing to now shave my head and get a gnarly oil tattoo. But, being that this job is actually a little more sophisticated than that, I should probably hold off :-) A guy can dream, though...

No comments: