Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Vizsla Puppy

Well--back home from Colorado. Gave me a great chance to test the commute time should ( if luck happens to run my my way) I I actually get an offer. WOuldn't be too painful--1.5 hour flight from SLC to Colorado Springs, then a 25 minute drive to Pueblo. All in all, if I plan the flights right, I could be from Nephi to job in 4 hours.

But that's another story. I wish I felt better about the interviews. They got progressively better as the day went on, but who knows? There were some other strong finalists there with really impressive logistics backgrounds. In any case, I'll know in a few days.

On to happier news--we picked up our VIzsla puppy this morning--yes this makes two. This little guy is similar to Midnight, in that he has a purebred vizsla mom and a lab dad. Apparently breeding those two types together produces an uncommonly talented pointer/hunting dog who is also playful and good with kids. We haven't yet picked out his name. But now we are back to having two dogs, both within a week of age of each other.

Pics:


Here he is! One hour after getting here, he's already taking a break in the cool of a backyard bush shade.... The name is still a tossup. One popular version making the rounds this morning is "Jack Bauer". Hmmmmm.




Death Match: Two puppy enter--one puppy leave...



These two don't mess around. Interesting how right out of the birthing canal these little guys already have the genetic disposition to go for the throat when play-fighting. Nothing more serious than some initial nipping and biting, and playful tuggin'. You know--just getting to know each other. Much like southern cousins meeting for the first time at the family reunion...



All differences aside, they call it a draw and jaunt out to explore the backyard together....

I think we are going to have blast watching these two grow up together. Cute little pups who will grow into good looking dogs. The kids are over the moon...

Hopefully I'll have a job soon, so we won't have to be looking at doggie du jour recipes come September :-) . Mwahaha.

No comments: