Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all....



Merry Christmas everybody. I'm just enjoying the end of a nice long Christmas Eve. Everyone is trundled off to bed for a couple of hours now, and being that I am still on somewhat of a night-owl schedule, I'm the sole sleep-survivor. I have to admit it is just nice to sit here in the quiet dark of the living room with only the glow of the tree in the corner keeping me company. Peaceful. I took the above photo just now, trying in vain to capture a bit of that peaceful solitude, but I doubt it comes across the same. No matter. Know that after a hectic fall & early winter, it feels nice to just sit back and relax, and reflect.

I'm grateful for a wonderful family. I really have it good in that department. 2008 really brought Agi & I closer together in ways we'd previously glossed over or grown far too accustomed to. She's my ultimate Rock. Couldn't have made it without her this year. Tonight we had a very traditional Hungarian CHristmas dinner of her stuffed cabbages and homemade bread, and just sitting there looking around at all the kids' animated faces and listening to their excited chatter, I realize that this is it--this is the only real important thing in life--the people gathered around this dinner table in this house. Ultimately, Nothing. Else. Matters. I'm blessed to have them, and I'm blessed to be their Dad and Husband.

We are looking forward to closing the books on 2008 and jumping in to 2009. I'll wrap up my final stages of training in the first quarter and get into a regular Asia/Australia/Middle East rotation by May. I'm excited for that. Also looking forward to FINALLY knocking out those last 2 classes at BYU.

We love Nephi. We love the quiet. We love the long hikes in Salt Creek Canyon & Nebo Loop with the dogs. We love the little solitude that being down here affords us.

Grateful for my new job. I love that it lets me go out and see all different parts of the world in all its cacophoneous glory, and then come home to quiet and rest. Seriously cool.

Ahh heck. I'm grateful for a lotta stuff. Right now though, I'm grateful I can go get a couple hours of sleep before getting roused out of bed by the kids.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Aaron

No comments: