Thursday, June 12, 2008

weight update...

Just a quickie note--finished my ten day fast last night (celebrated with a decidedly unhealthy grilled cheese sandwich) and the final tally was 235! I lost a solid net 17.5 pounds in 10 days, after regaining 3 pounds in water overnight. I kinda sorta min-broke the fast Tuesday at noon, when, in having a business lunch with an old colleague, ordered a salad w/shrimp on it. So that alone probably prevented me from dropping the additional 2 pounds.

BUT HEY! 17 pounds in ten days... Fruits and veggies until Sunday night, and then I'll do another 10 day fast. I have also started my local gym membership at Nephi's one fitness center (for a small town, its pretty nice) so I'll be hitting the treadmill and weights every day as well. Agi is now on Day four of her 7-day fast, and feeling pretty good.

I have a preliminary weigh-in & physical with the National Guard on July 2nd at Camp Williams, to keep that option open while I explore this COlorado possibility with the Target DIstribution Center in Pueblo. I should be wrapping up the next ten day fast about a week before that physical, so with the exercise as well I should be in pretty good shape for it. At least that is the plan.

Speaking of the COlorado job, I had a great second phone interview yesterday and should know more by next week. Heck of a commute, if that pans out, but the pay is NICE and I'd have the option of having a three-day work week. If it doesn't pan out, I feel pretty good about going back to the Guard, freshening up my skills there, learning a new language, and going full-time. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: