Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're home. And sick...

Ahhhh, yeahhhhh. The horrendous trials of the Budapest Palmer's know no boundaries :-). Woe is us. We suffereth neverending trials of misery and pain... Steinbeck will emerge from his coffin and compose a new tome dedicated just to us: Grapes of Wrath 2: Electric Budapest Breaky-leg Boogaloo.

I jest. We's lucky peoples.

Agi is home from the hospital and resting comfortably, happy to be back in her own bad and away from the wailing psychotic roommate she had in the hospital. Now I can't say this for a surety, (since I don't know exactly what I do in my sleep) but I am fairly certain Agi's new/old roommate at Casa Palmer does not scoop out the contents of a soiled Depends and fling it around the room... Small blessings :-)

I cleared the couch out of my office and moved our bed into it --being on the main floor, Agi wins by not having to hop up and down a windy staircase. Thoughtful of me, eh?

I actually win in this equation as well--Agi had laid down the law a few years back that we would no longer have a home theater system set up in our bedroom. WIth this new arrangement, I was able to crawl into bed in my office last night and watch "Blue Harvest" (The Family Guy Star Wars Spoof) in all its Bose-inspired glory on the office wall. He he. So this whole break a leg thing was just an elaborate, complicated ploy to restore cinema to its proper place!

Seriously, it is so good to have Agi home, and her parents have been a huge help these past few days, particularly since the kids(and me) have come down with the flu this week, in succession. Ali and Andrew are now finished and back at school, Aidan and Ashton are wrapping up, and Agi and I just started. Super. I can't even remember the last time I was sick. Literally been years. I probably picked up some super-bug at the hospital.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers this last week.

Aaron & Agi

No comments: